- 1 cup Basmati rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 515gms of K&Ns Chicken Mughlai Tikka
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1 star anise
- 0.5 blade of mace
- 1" cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- to taste salt
- 1 tbsp. kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 0.25 cup fried onions
- handful coriander & mint leaves, chopped
- 12-15 roasted cashews & almonds
- 0.25 cup pinch saffron immersed in milk
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 small piece of charcoal
Rinse, wash and drain the soaked rice. Cook rice until water is absorbed, and rice are done. Set aside to cool down.
Heat oil in a pan and temper with whole spices (cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, bay leaf, star anise and mace). Add the onion and green chilies. Saute till light brown.
Add the ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt mixed with a little water. Fry till oil separates.
Prepare K&N’s Mughlai Tikka as per the instructions on the pack
Add the prepared K&N’s Mughlai Tikka in the gravy and cook for 2 more minutes.
Now take a large pan, layer the chicken tikka gravy, boiled rice, fresh coriander, fresh mint and repeat it. Now add saffron soaked in milk, rose water, yellow food color, garnish
with fresh coriander and fresh mint. Now cover the lid of the pan for 10 to 12 minutes.
Open the lid of the pan and place a live charcoal over a foil and keep it on the rice as shown. Drizzle some oil or ghee over it.
Cover with a lid and simmer on a low flame for 1-2 minutes.
Remove the charcoal along with the foil.
Serve hot with raita, sliced onions and lime.